The Three Components of Safe Environment
Anyone who volunteers directly with minors or who volunteers where minors are present at St. James MUST complete all of these three components:
1. Background Check: Simply complete and sign the form below and return it to the parish office.
2. Policy Handbook: Along with a background check form, you will be given our Diocesan handbook entitled “Policy Relating to Sexual Abuse of Children”. You must sign a form to show you have been given this policy handbook.
- Download the policy handbook here (English)
- Download the form to sign here (English)
- Download the policy handbook here (Spanish)
- Download the form to sign here (Spanish)
3. VIRTUS Workshop: You must also attend an in-service training session or take the VIRTUS training online.
Contact the parish office if you have questions or to request that the paperwork be sent to you.
Click here to read the Spring 2016 newsletter from the Diocesan Office of Safe Environment
We care about our children!!